Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 July 2012

Songs we dig #1

This 1997 classic by Blue Boy has recently surfaced in our search for great tunes to play out. Long forgotten but always playing in the backs of our minds I'm always reminded without realising it when listening to Liberation Conversation by Marlena Shaw even though the sample is from Woman Of The Ghetto. The catchy scat 'chorus' taken from this song is the only other vocal part of the song other than "Remember me? I'm the one who had your babies." This refrain is backed throughout by a typically 90s bass beat, nostalgic. The words are haunting and hopeful. When I wanna go back to the heyday of my youth I stick this on, my headphones, break out a bottle of hooch and imagine I'm in my tube top raving away at Liverpool's Paradox Nightclub. Enjoy <3



No comments:

Post a Comment